New Student Checklist
Below is a list of checklist items for all new students, including transfer students, to complete before the beginning of the 2017-2018 academic school year unless otherwise noted. You can also download the checklist here.
Complete medical forms
- The medical forms must be completed and returned to our school nurse by July 25, 2017.
- Register for fall athletics
- Be sure to have a Matignon approved electronic device
Complete summer reading assignment
- All students are required to complete summer reading assignments listed below prior to the first day of school:
- WORLD HISTORY (Honors): Complete the summer assignment packet that includes an article and map activities. For a PDF version of it, please click here.
- WORLD HISTORY (Level 1): Complete the summer assignment packet that includes an article and map activities. For a PDF version of it, please click here.
ENGLISH – All Levels
- Farewell to Manzanar by Jeanne W. Houston, ISBN 9780307976079
- Tuesdays with Morrie by Mitch Albom, ISBN 9780767905923
- To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee (*strong recommended but not required)
***Assessment for Freshmen English classes only is listed below***
In order to ensure the validity of the Matignon High School Summer Reading Program as well as test critical reading skills, each student will be administered a test on summer reading during the first week of school. This exam will count as a test grade.
- Order your textbooks, lab manuals and workbooks from ClassBook, the official bookstore of Matignon High School.
- Purchase school uniforms
Arrange for public transportation
- For those students relying on the MBTA for transportation to and from school, monthly student Charlie Cards can purchased through Matignon High School during the first week of school.
- Review the Christian Service requirement