Important New Student Information & Checklist
Important Information for New Students
Please click here for important information for new students.
New Student Checklist
Below is a list of checklist items for all new students, including transfer students, to complete before the beginning of the 2017-2018 academic school year unless otherwise noted. You can also download the checklist here.
Complete medical forms
- The medical forms must be completed and returned to our school nurse by July 25, 2017.
- Register for fall athletics
- Be sure to have a Matignon approved electronic device
Complete summer reading assignment
- All students are required to complete summer reading assignments listed below prior to the first day of school:
- WORLD HISTORY (Honors): Complete the summer assignment packet that includes an article and map activities. For a PDF version of it, please click here.
- WORLD HISTORY (Level 1): Complete the summer assignment packet that includes an article and map activities. For a PDF version of it, please click here.
ENGLISH – All Levels
- Farewell to Manzanar by Jeanne W. Houston, ISBN 9780307976079
- Tuesdays with Morrie by Mitch Albom, ISBN 9780767905923
- To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee (*strong recommended but not required)
***Assessment for Freshmen English classes only is listed below***
To ensure successful completion of the Matigon High School summer reading, each student will be tested on the required summer reading during the first week of school. This exam will count as a test grade.
- Order your textbooks, lab manuals and workbooks from ClassBook, the official bookstore of Matignon High School.
- Purchase school uniforms
Arrange for public transportation
- For those students relying on the MBTA for transportation to and from school, monthly student Charlie Cards can purchased through Matignon High School during the first week of school.
- Review the Christian Service requirement